Loafing around Kyiv with Iryna









Today the office is closed for the 4th of July holiday and I roamed the streets with Iryna. Iryna is our cashier at Peace Corps and she is new to living in Kyiv (little more than a year ago she moved to the capital). We lucked out weather wise - it rained a little overnight and there was an overcast all day making it pleasant and not blazing hot.

We walked around Kreschatik Street people watching and made our way up to Mariinsky Park and discovered the water museum. I have to admit that I only caught approximately 25% of the actual tour information since it was in Russian and I was wondering around taking pictures and playing with the exhibits. Iryna filled me in on the highlights of each exhibit as we passed by them. I had always been curious about this musuem since I noticed the long lines each time I walked by the area. The museum was fun and informative and very educational with a message to the audience that we need to be more alert and not so wasteful. Check the museum out if you are in Kyiv.

No comments:

Post a Comment