It almost felt as if everyone in the city was at the same grocery store that I was at tonight. Lots of pushing, cutting in line (lines don't really exist) and shoving at Furshet, my local gourmet grocery store located in a shopping center with Chanel, Porsche and Tiffany's. I stood at the gourmet cheese counter waiting patiently and was glancing at Danish Cheeses and trying to figure out if the wording for one cheese was French or Italian when finally it looked like it was my turn but I was dismissed by the worker for the woman beside me. The woman was dressed in her floor length mink and fully dressed for a party with the President. Luckily I am very patient.
New Years Celebration is huge in Ukraine and I am looking forward to celebrating the New Year with friends at my flat and then we will head to Maidan Square and celebrate with thousands of others. Definitely a benefit of living down town Kyiv. I still need to find plastic champagne flutes to take with us to the square. If not we can use my new Champagne flutes from the Czech Republic.
This is my third New Years celebration in Ukraine but shamefully I must admit that I did not leave the flat during the last two. Luckily, my friend Iryna convinced me that this year was not to be the same as previous years.
Happy New Year to all and may you have health, love and happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment