I have made tiny steps forward towards my departure to Bishkek that will happen in April. I finally went and applied for my Diplomatic Passport last week and made reservations for my flight to Almaty, Kazakhstan. Since you may not fly into Bishkek with a dog, I will fly into Almaty and stay the night and depart next day for Bishkek by vehicle. I still need to contact United Air and get Nika on the flight as excess baggage, etc. but at least I have begun the process.
Currently I am scheduled for language through March 22nd, then I test at noon on the 22nd and only can pray that I reach a 2/2 proficiency level. I am currently in language classes daily and we all have our peaks and valleys and right now I feel like I am in the Valley of Death! Getting back into the groove of class and learning so many new vocabulary words a day has been challenging this past week. I had a head cold and just could not get motivated! We have switched to two hours a day of reading and each day brings about 30 new words to memorize but these are not your normal words. Of course not! These are words about diplomacy and politics - news! Peace Keeping Forces, Atomic Nuclear Energy, Terrorism, Attack, Bombings, Middle East, Leadership and Commander In Chief, etc. My head aches just mentioning all of them.......
Once I complete the test and pass (hopefully), then I will have a week of distance learning most likely to take care of a couple classes online that Post feels I will benefit from and then five days of consultation days to tie up loose ends and meet with key people that I will work with in different bureaus and prepare my pack out possibly. Maybe I will send my car during this time on to post - I then will have one week of class on Project Management April 8-12th and then one week plus of vacation. I haven't decided what to do for that week since I will need to take Nika with me, etc. I may fly to Oklahoma and bring Nika. Not sure yet! Reservations are made for a departure from DC on April 22nd to Almaty. Time is ticking.....so much to see and do before I depart.
No comments:
Post a Comment