Still waiting....

I am still here....honestly I thought I would be overseas by now. I would definitely reconsider what I packed in sea freight and air freight if I knew that it would take this long. I am afraid that I will have nothing warm to wear until February? I didn't pack as much warm clothing in my air freight as I should have. Guess I will find out soon enough- nothing like shopping at the local market!

I am sick of the clothes that I have with me currently- I keep shopping but the problem with shopping is how am I going to get this all to Post. I am allowed 66 pounds accompanied air baggage. Sounds like a lot - but it isn't. I have manuals and paperwork from my DC training that will take up a good amount of weight along with books and necessities to get me through two weeks before my air baggage makes it through customs. I have to keep myself from making purchases- I am having a tough time with this.

I have been thinking about what I'd like to do before I depart our amazing country for the "crazy land"- here is a short list of what I have come up with so far:

  • skydiving (I am working on this one- little hesitant due to fear of injury- but it will happen soon Roger)
  • paintball
  • camping
  • random road trip
  • still adding to the list

Each day passes by and I am gratefull for the time I have with my friends and family but I am anxious about moving on to my new adventure and getting started. The new volunteers will arrive in country on October 3rd and I am jealous that they will get there before me. I think this will be an adventure of a lifetime and I hope that some friends and family will adventure out of the norm and visit.

Once I receive notification that I have medical clearance PC HQ will fed ex my official passport and eticket and I will be off. Now it is all in the hands of the Dept. of State- Medical.

The waiting game is on!