- Dinner with Kristin, Josh, Jeff & Jackson (Jason)
I arrived in DC on Monday and started orientation on Tuesday morning with 12 other new staff members. Tuesday was general orientation for all new hires - I am the only one out of the group that is heading overseas. There is so much to learn and way too much paper work to fill out. I am excited about this new job and overwhelmed too. The remainder of the week I met with numerous departments and directors to learn who to contact when things arise (we know problems are going to arise) and how to do my job. HQ is cramming in one months training into 4 days- but I am starting to catch on now. I have a new respect for all those working at Head Quarters- as a volunteer you do not realize how much support and money goes into one person.
I don't know when I will leave for Post- State Dept. has to give me medical and security clearance first but I will return to OK/AR on the fifteenth and possibly come back to Arlington for Staging of the new volunteers on the 29th -1st of October. I am anxious to get to T-Stan and start working.
I met a couple of RPCVs who were in T-stan (thanks Kristin) and they gave me a little insight - I think I will love it and we know ex-pat life is posh!
Week in DC...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment