I am overjoyed at the moment! I am surfing netgrocer and posting from my apartment! I have internet service....Yeah! Lots of exclamation marks for that one!!!! All is great here- Right now we are in the midst of Pre Service Training for 39 new trainees and Close of Service for 12 that remain in country. ....crazy times. I am loving my job right now. I just got done buying some groceries at our local Turkish Market and now have some food. I was starving for the past two days- rationing half a kilo of potatoes which isn't that much. Of course I forgot the one thing I wanted at market - Ketchup....not heinz but it works.
Big parades and celebrations going on this week for the 15th Independence Day Celebration. Traffic is unbearable. I will not drive in this country because it is way too dangerous. If I think that you can only imagine. I thought I was a bad driver but these people make me look like I am the best. It is a death wish!
If you are interested in calling me you should check out the website for Skype - you can call for little money through the computer. I will be using this to call all of you. Sorry if I call at odd hours I am still trying to figure out the time difference.
It looks like I am going to like it here.....we are making such a huge difference it is amazing what the volunteers are accomplishing. Lots of issues and hardships but you have to start somewhere. I do have it plush- very nice accomodations. I am going to start learning Russian soon too! I have to in order to get anywhere or buy anything. I haven't figured out who speaks what.
I am sure I am going to be on an emotional rollercoaster the next few months but right now I am in the honeymoon loving it.
I am going shopping this weekend for material to have a formal dress made for the Marine Ball. Can't wait! It will be fun.
More Later....
No comments:
Post a Comment