Things are going well. We have a training going on for new volunteers and a few volunteers leaving since they are finished with their service- very hectic. I am still meeting people daily and trying to figure out how everything works here.
I went to the market to buy material for a gown for the Marine Ball which is November 11th. I am meeting with the seamstress tomorrow and hope that she is capable of sewing this gown by the 11th. You can have a formal made for about 50 dollars including the material. We shall see. But everyone is talking about the ball and they have sold out of tickets (200).
I tried to upload more photos but the connection was poor so I will try again in the morning when less people are using phones.(Still won't make a difference but I am happy just having access at home) If anyone wants to call me - please do! . If you download skype (www.skype.com) you can call through your computer to my computer for free or call my phone for a few cents. I will be calling you all soon -once my headset arrives. Yeah!
Email me and let me know what is happening in your lives. I love updates! I will be coming back to DC for training around January 22nd for three plus weeks. Love visitors if you are up to it.
My fellow RPCVs - I have an Armenian driver and employee. Crazy! I can not drive here because it is too dangerous. All you thought I was a bad driver. I look like the best compared to here. There are many more Toyotas here than there were in Armenia.
The people are wonderful. I really like everyone I work with and look forward to getting to know them better.
I saw my first camel today. They are everywhere. Still haven't rode one or gone to the animal market to inquire on the price. Obviously they eat them and even milk them. I haven't had any camel milk yet. Did eat some crazy animal liver at the carpet seller's house the other day. Here you do not sit at a table for dinner it is all on the floor. It is okay at first but gets quite uncomfortable after an hour or so.
Let me know when you plan to visit so I can request you a letter of invitation for a visa. Don't worry - it is a safe country!
No comments:
Post a Comment