Coming to America!!

It is official- I am coming to America! Doesn't someone sing a song about that? Anyways I am very excited and look forward to seeing everyone. I will be in DC for training from the 23rd or 24th until Feb. 16th. I will fly in on the 19th. I plan on flying into Fort Smith Friday night!!!! Get ready to have fun people and I can't wait to have McDonalds and anything American and familiar. I need to shop for consumables while in the US so we will be hitting Sams and all other stores for major shopping!

All is going well here....frustrating due to the internet connectivity problems and time change but other than that life is good. I am making more friends and we are finding more things to do daily. I am going to begin belly dancing classes and a book reading club. I wanted to Salsa lessons but the instructor tore his achilles tendon playing in the Diplomat Soccer tournament.

This past week has been difficult due to problems at work. I have to suspend one employee and have a meeting with all staff and hopefully diffuse some issues. I haven't got the firing thing down yet and there are so many legal issues doing business in a foreign country. I will fill you all in on these issues later.

My friend Lourenda just found out she is going to Argentina for her next assignment. I am jealous. I am learning so much - obviously Turkmenistan is one of the most difficult posts and normally after this post you get a nice post. Cross those fingers. I do enjoy Turkmenistan but I never imagined living in an environment like this. One bonus- we have so many holidays -approximately 20 plus. We don't take all the Turkmen holidays because there are too many. I am going to Turkey or London on the 12th of January for a long weekend. We have a four day weekend due to another holiday. We can fly to London for 140 dollars round trip!! Thank God for Turkmen Air! Then I will fly to the US that same week!

Start making plans to come to DC! I will see you soon in America!

No comments:

Post a Comment