
I expected snow and ice when I decided to move to Kyiv but I didn't quite comprehend that I would be skating and/or climbing to work daily and battling areas that are more dangerous than others.
I thought I was doing well and actually proud that I hadn't fallen yet.... YET was the key word. I was doing so well until yesterday. January 15th will be the day known as the day the city won and I was knocked off my feet (REALLY knocked off my feet)actually knocked my hat and earphones off my head.
This morning I woke up in severe pain but had too many meetings to miss work. I made it half the day and finally had to go to the Embassy Medical Unit and get checked out. I now can tell you how the Ukrainian Hospital is well part of it at least. I am fortunate that I have no fracture but am sporting a new wardrobe accessory - the NECK BRACE.
Winter is half way over and I hope that this will be the last fall of the season. The "Traumalogist" as he is known in Ukraine but in America we would call him an orthopedic doctor said I was the 7th foreignor this week. At least I know I am not alone and have others to commiserate with....No one told me walking to work or the bazaar was a sport that needs safety equipment.
No comments:
Post a Comment